River North: Historic Pubs
Tour runs Thursday & Friday. Book now!
Eat, drink and discover Chicago’s Loop and River North neighborhoods on our Chicago historic pub tour via the Brown Line! Join us for a combination of great Chicago stories and adult beverages as we tour historic sites and legendary pubs in the city’s Near North Side.
We’ll kick off our Chicago walking tour at Revival Food Hall in the Loop for a bite to eat then stop for a drink at Adams Street Brewery, part of The Berghoff, Chicago’s oldest, continuously-operating restaurant. Next stop, we board the Brown Line to River North.
In River North, we’ll visit Brehon Pub with a fascinating story involving bribery and the Chicago media. The Green Door Tavern is next on our list. It’s the oldest pub in Chicago and sits above a well-hidden, authentic Prohibition-era speakeasy.
We’ll then board the train again and make our way back to the Loop where we’ll have “last call” at historic, antique-filled Monk’s Pub.
Want to get more insight into the history of this district before taking our Chicago tour? Learn more about River North in our Chicago neighborhood guide.
- River North
- Masks required in some public spaces
- Hand sanitizer available
- Social Distancing
- Health & Safety Page
- Food is available for purchase at Revival and Monk's
- Drinks are available for purchase at each pub stop
Book River North: Historic Pubs
Duration: 3 hours
Extra time built in for train travel
Price: Adult $50
- Price includes transit fees – food/beverages purchased by guests
- Days of operation: Thu, Fri
- Start time: 4:00pm
- Tour begins and ends in the Loop
- Walking distance: 1.1 miles
- Tours operate rain or shine
- Tour itinerary may be subject to minor revisions as necessary
Ticket Purchase Requirements
- Must be able to climb stairs
- Tour requires minimum of 2 guests to run - single bookings subject to cancellation if minimum is not met
- Maximum tour size - 6 guests
- Must be 21 and older (ID required)
Tour Meeting Point and Stops
Meeting Point: Revival Food Hall
(Meet inside at Clark St entrance)
125 S. Clark St, Chicago, IL
Grab a snack to get ready for the tour
Adams St Brewery at The Berghoff
17 W Adams St, Chicago, IL 60603
Enjoy a cocktail at Chicago's oldest, continuously-operating restaurant
731 N Wells St #1, Chicago, IL 60654
After a brief train ride, an adult beverage and a fascinating Chicago story await you
Green Door Tavern
678 N Orleans St, Chicago, IL 60654
Enjoy a beverage and a peek into a hidden speakeasy at this historic Chicago pub
205 W Lake St, Chicago, IL 60606
End the tour with a final drink in this long-standing bar filled with German and Old English antiques