Chinatown: The Far East in the Midwest
Tour runs Sunday. Book now!
We begin this Chicago walking tour in front of the iconic Chicago Theater. After introductions, we’ll hop on the Red Line and head south to Chinatown.
Upon arrival, we’ll start our Chicago Chinatown tour at the famous Dragon Wall and stroll down Wentworth Avenue – the heart of Chinatown. We’ll stop at a local bakery and enjoy pastries before heading to the Chinese American Museum. From there, we’ll walk through the residential area of the neighborhood until we reach the Chinatown Square Mall.
In the Mall, we’ll sample authentic cuisine and browse unique shops. We’ll then make our way to Ping Tom Memorial Park where we’ll board the Chicago Water Taxi and enjoy an architecturally-themed cruise back to the Loop.
Want to learn more about Chicago’s Chinatown? Take a look at our Chicago neighborhood guide.
Book Chinatown: The Far East in the Midwest
Duration: 3.5 Hours
Price: Adult $65.00
- Tour price includes transit fees, food & beverages
- Days of operation: Sun
- Start time: 10:30am
- Tours begin and end in the Loop
- Walking Distance: 1.5 miles
- Tours operate rain or shine
- Tour itinerary may be subject to minor revisions as necessary
Ticket Purchase Requirements
- Must be able to climb stairs
- Tour requires minimum of 2 guests to run - single bookings subject to cancellation if minimum is not met
- Maximum tour size - 6 guests
- Children must be 12 years or older and accompanied by an adult (age 18 or older)
Tour Meeting Point and Stops
175 N State St, Chicago, IL 60601
Meet your tour guide under the theater marquee
Chiu Quon Bakery
2253 S Wentworth Ave, Chicago, IL 60616
Visit the oldest bakery in Chinatown
Chinese American Museum of Chicago
238 W 23rd St, Chicago, IL 60616
Learn about the experiences and contributions of Chinese immigrants to the American Midwest
Chinatown Square Mall
2133 S China Pl, Chicago, IL 60616
Visit an authentic Chinese restaurant for small bites and beverages
Ping Tom Memorial Park
1700 S Wentworth Ave, Chicago, IL 60616
Stroll this beautiful park
Chicago Water Taxi
Board at Ping Tom Park and disembark at the Riverwalk Stop
Enjoy views of stunning architecture from the Chicago River