Chinatown: Flavors of the Far East
Tour reopening spring/summer 2021.
Visit two completely different neighborhoods by boat and train in one of our best Chicago walking tours. We start this Chicago tour at the McCormick Bridgehouse & Chicago River Museum on the Riverwalk (entry May-November), where you’ll go behind the scenes of a working bridge and get unmatched views of the Chicago River and Michigan Ave. After crossing the Du Sable Bridge (site of historic Fort Dearborn), we’ll learn about iconic Chicago skyscrapers, then board the Water Taxi to begin the Chicago Chinatown food tour.
Upon arrival, we’ll start our Chicago Chinatown food tour with you being treated to beautiful views of a community park, authentic cuisine and browse the unique shops in the neighborhood. We’ll also explore the Chinese American Museum and from there, we’ll board the Red Line and head back to the city.
We’ll walk through Streeterville where we’ll view famous landmarks and learn about the neighborhood’s history. We’ll walk the Magnificent Mile then descend to lower Michigan Ave. We’ll then wrap up our Chicago city tour with a beer and “cheezborger” at the legendary Billy Goat Tavern.
Want to learn more about Chicago’s Chinatown? Take a look at our Chicago neighborhood guide.
- Masks required in some public spaces
- Hand sanitizer available
- Social Distancing
- Health & Safety Page
- Authentic Chinese cuisine
- Beer or Soft Drink
Book Chinatown: Flavors of the Far East
Duration: 4 Hours
Price: Adult $90.00 | Youth $75.00
- Days of operation: Fri, Sat, Sun
- Start time: 10:30am
- Tours begin and end in the Loop (See below)
- Estimated Train Time: One 11 minute train ride
- Walking Distance: 1.5 miles
- Tour price includes transit fees
- Tours operate rain or shine
- Tour itinerary may be subject to minor revisions as necessary
Ticket Purchase Requirements
- Must be able to climb stairs
- Tour requires minimum of 2 guests to run - single bookings subject to cancellation if minimum is not met
- Youth (age 12 and over) must be accompanied by an adult (age 18 and over)
- Please bring a valid form of ID
Tour Meeting Point and Stops
Meeting Point: McCormick Bridgehouse & Chicago River Museum
99 Chicago Riverwalk, Chicago, IL 60601
(May-November) Learn about the bridge and Chicago's famous river reversal story.
Michigan Ave Stop - Between Wrigley Building and Trump Tower
Hop on board the Water Taxi for a relaxing, scenic ride along the Chicago River
2133 S China Pl, Chicago, IL 60616
Visit an authentic Chinese restaurant for small bites and beverages
Chinese American Museum of Chicago
238 W 23rd St, Chicago, IL 60616
Learn about the experiences and contributions of Chinese immigrants to the American Midwest
Billy Goat Tavern
430 N Michigan Ave, Chicago, IL 60611
Wrap up the tour with a beer and "cheezborger"